|Where to Find me online!
|Sarah J Alexander
|+61 405 020 565
I am a passionate, hard working and curious junior developer who has strong team building skills and comfortable challenging ideas to ensure that code quality, design and solutions for clients is an appropreate, cost effective and delivered in a timely manner. I have strong communication and presentation skills and understand a wide variety of people/team dynamics and how to maintain a good working environment. My breadth of technical knowledge has expanded significantly during my time as a Graduate Developer with Thoughtworks wher I have worked with a number of clients using React, PHP, Ruby and Drupal.
Although most of my roles have required me to work independently, they have made me very focused on delivering results and being accountable for my time. My work has required me to work as part of a team and to bring out the best in people for a good result.
I have extensive experience presenting to an extensive variety of audiences and very capably prepare and deliver effective presentations and lessons. As part of my Master’s work, I had to communicate with the wider public through various talks and public forums. My position as a lab technician at the Invetech Research and Development required dealing with a lot of software. After the completion of a series of MS Access database courses I was able to create a database driven test system. This was exported to various third parties worldwide that used the hardware system under development. I continued to utilise my computer skills in my thesis work, both in consolidating and analysing data, researching via the Internet and writing the actual thesis. I have also successfully managed a research biohazard laboratory which required sharp judgment skills in order to maintain an effective and safe working environment. This included maintaining OH&S standards as well as ISO 9000 standards, ordering reagents and maintaining equipment.
2023-Current - Junior React Developer Fat Zebra
Fat Zebra - Payments for today’s internet economy
We’ve modernised payments. With a simple, one-time integration, our payments network opens up a world of opportunity. Businesses large and small use Fat Zebra to accept payments, and manage their businesses online.
2022-2023 - Graduate Developer Thoughtworks
Government Based Client (4 months)
- React, NodeJS, TDD Jest? React Testing library and Cypress?
- Strong team player
- Pairing Champion and running feedback session for the team
- Inception and working with team to develop a strong techical solution to adapt to an existing backend framework usint a BFF (Backend For Frontends)
- facilitate daily stand-ups and team retros. Presented at showcases. Practively asked for direction, knew when to persist and when to pull in other expertise.
Internal Project (1 month)
- Updated internal legacy project to meet security requirments
Client in the Education space (1 month)
- PHP Drupal
- Infrastructure training in Terraform and AWS - internal Thoughtworks
- Design, provision and run 2-tier web applications within a set of Docker containers
- Deploy/run a Kubernetes cluster in a sandbox environment
- Thoughtworks University Intensive followed by monthly sessions
- Pairing practices
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Consultancy Skills
- Designing thinking & accessability
- Consulting Skills Course (August 2022)
- Social Events Organiser: planning and facilitaing onsite and offsight social events for Thoughtworks at the Melbourne office
2010-2021 - Secondary Science and Outdoor Education Teacher
Schools include: Collingwood College, Sophia Mundi and Preshil
My understanding of current education models and the curriculum framework in Victoria and Australia gives me a great base to incorporate my own creative ideas into various learning disciplines.
I have provided an engaging and yet challenging science classroom for all learner types. My experience as a Steiner teacher combine with the MYP inquiry based education has enabled me to experience a wide spectrum of learning frameworks both of which have many common elements.
I have good experience in allowing people to link experiences, emotions and passion around learning the facts of a concept to lead to further learning outcomes. |
Curriculum development and teaching science underpinned using the International Baccalaureate MYP inquiry based framework for year 7-10 science. VCE Biology and Chemistry, IB Diploma program curriculum planning for environmental science (ESS).
- Planned excursions and supported staff on school camps. Worked with colleagues to develop policies such as for academic honesty. Wrote articles for school newsletter to update the community on the science departments current learning focus.
- Regular use of ICT outside and within the classroom such as google classroom, powerpoint, compass, rubicon and managebac.
2007-2010 Laboratory Technician
2000-2003 Laboratory Research Technician Invetech Vision Systems Australia
2000 Process Chemist Henkel Australia P/L
- Full Stack Developer Boot Camp Le Wagon 2021
- Graduate Diploma of Education Monash University 2009
- Master of Science (Chemistry) Monash University 2008
- Bachelor of Science Monash University 1999